The official AppShopper app has been updated with a several new features, including the ability to remove ads via an in-app purchase, iOS 4.2 compatbility and more. Our official app was first released in September and received its last update adding push notifications just last month.
The universal app allows you to browse all of our current AppShopper filters (Categories, All/Popular, Paid/Free, New/Price Drops/Updates) and also gives you access to your own personal Wish List and Own List. You can choose to receive push notifications when there are updates or price changes in both lists.
The full list of new features and changes in version 1.3 is as follows:
- In app purchase option to remove ads (iPhone/iPod touch only)
- Added settings to block specific categories, select a specific country/currency, and block non-Western language apps
- Popular and What’s New filters are now independent of each other
- Improved warnings and dialogs when device is in airplane mode
- iOS 4.2 tested
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Removing ads via in-app purchase costs $.99. The AppShopper app itself is free to download and use.
In case you missed it, the AppShopper.com Importer is available and will import the complete list of apps you already own from iTunes on your computer to your AppShopper profile. AppShopper Importer is for the Mac only though a Windows version is in beta testing. You can download the Mac version of the application here. The importer will pull only the app names from your iTunes library and nothing else. The application will ask you to log in to your AppShopper account to get started. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one here (accounts are free).