Martha Stewart, the queen of all things domestic, now has an iPad app featuring all of her favorite cookie recipes, instructional videos and more. The app, created by Callaway Digital Arts, debuted in the App Store this morning and costs a not-insubstantial $7.99.
While the app’s description in the App Store is currently a little sparse on details, Callaway provided us with the following official features list:
- A cookie runway” that allows users to search through all of the app’s 50+ recipes
- An innovative roulette-wheel-style recipe finder that lets users search by type and flavor
- Shopping lists that can be emailed to a smart phone
- Ability to share favorite cookies via email, Facebook or Twitter
- Sumptuous photographs of all kinds of cookies
- Timers, tips and techniques
- 11 easy-to-follow “how-to” videos
- A glossary of tools for mixing, baking and decorating
- Links directly to macys.com where users can purchase necessary equipment and more.
We took a quick peek at Martha Stewart Makes Cookies to see what you get for $7.99. We found about 50 easy-to-follow recipes for a wide variety of cookies complete with a shopping list feature to ensure you have all the ingredients needed in one place to make your trip to the grocery store a bit easier. There are 12 videos, one of which features Martha Stewart introducing the app, as well as others covering cookie-making techniques such as rolling dough and decorating with icing.
A tools section covers the different implements needed to make the cookies listed, which should be handy for those new to baking. A built-in timer function will keep track of time for the various steps within recipes while a sharing function lets you post directly to Twitter or Facebook or create a new email directly within the app.
At $7.99, the app is priced comparably to many printed recipe books available through Amazon or even local retailers in your area, though they will of course lack the interactivity and eye candy in Martha Stewart Makes Cookies. Apps like the free version of BigOven and Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List will provide a lot more content for less but Martha Stewart Makes Cookies will still please Martha Stewart fans with its straightforward and appealing approach to creating sweet baked delights.