Sonos, the maker of wireless multi-room music systems, first hinted at an iPad version of its controller app back in June and the app finally hit the App Store late last night. Sonos Controller for iPad is free and includes the following features:
- Wirelessly stream millions of songs and stations all over the house and control it all right from your iPad—no computer required.
- Instantly access unlimited music from iTunes and the Internet.
- Play the music stored on your computer or NAS drive or Apple Time Capsule (so you can play even when the computer is off).
- Play the same song in every room or different songs in every room.
- Control the music selection and volume in each room individually.
- Search for any song with the touch-screen keyboard.
- Drag and drop songs or albums into the queue or now playing pane.
- Wake up or fall asleep to your favorite music or Internet radio station with full-featured alarms.
- Set up or expand the Sonos system wirelessly with a touch of a finger.
- Available worldwide, in English only.
Sonos home systems start at $399 and can be purchased directly from the company’s site.