FileMaker, Apple’s subsidiary that creates relational database software, has released updates to its FileMaker Go apps for the iPhone and iPad adding the ability to add photos to databases and convert records to PDF files, as well as other changes. The FileMaker Go apps were recently released in July and have received positive feedback overall from users to date with an average rating of 4 stars for the iPad version and 4.5 stars for the iPhone version.
The list of changes in this update for each app is identical:
- Add photos to the database and email them as an attachment
- Convert records to PDF and email file from the database
- Save a copy of a database and email it as an attachment
- Import records from FileMaker Pro databases to FileMaker Go via scripts
- Be able to require users to re-log onto FileMaker Go after iPad/iPhone hibernates
- Solves compatibility issues running on iPad/iPhone
Note that these apps are intended purely as mobile companions to the desktop FileMaker desktop products. FileMaker Pro desktop products for Mac or Windows start at $299 and FileMaker Server products start at $999.