Warning: There is an issue in version 1.0.1 that is causing crashes on devices running iOS 3.x and iPhone 3Gs running all iOS versions. iPhone 4s and iPhone 3GSs seem to work fine. Please refrain from updated until 1.0.2 arrives. 1.0.2 has already been submitted.
Our developer team worked hard and quickly to push out the first update for the AppShopper app in under a week. This app is primarily a bug fix and performance tweak update, but we’ve added a couple of nice new features.
The most noticeable features include:
Slide to Reload
Popularized by Tweetie, “Slide to Reload” allows you to easily reload the current view by pulling the list past the first item on the list. Just drag the whole list down and it will reload the view:
Swipe to Delete
A standard feature in many iPhone apps, you can down swipe from left-to-right in your Wishlist and My Apps list to remove an app from that list. Previously, you had to tap on the app, and then unselect the “Want It” or “Own It” buttons.
Other new features and fixes include:
– Remembers your password until you log out
– Passwords with special characters now work
– Links that appear in an app’s description are now tappable
– Tap menu bar to scroll to top of list
– Fixes an issue where the user would get bounced back to page 1 of My Apps or Wish List after navigating down several pages
– Faster linking to the App Store
– Lots of bug fixes and optimizations
Note that Push notifications, in-app purchase to remove ads, and much more is in the works. Push notifications will be the priority to get into the next update.